Thursday, December 9, 2010

Color of the Year 2011

I am having a little sadness today as Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2011. That means my turquoise has only 22 1/2 days left to reign as the color of the year 2010.

And to my friends to whom I mentioned that mauve seemed to be having a comeback from the 80's....and we all said ewwwww.... I am sorry to inform you that the 2011 color of the year is.......

Yep, Pantone is calling it Honeysuckle so that we don't go screaming to the hills, but it is pretty mauve if you ask me.
Pantone is the company that sets the color standards for designers and artists. So, if I am designing a new bead, I tell the mfg that I want the color to be PM18-2120. He knows exactly what color I am asking for. Mauve. Um, I mean Honeysuckle. Otherwise, it would be really hard to get on the same wavelength about colors. Imagine if I told you yesterday that I loved Honeysuckle. What color would you have had in mind? The last honeysuckle bush I saw had yellow flowers on it.

I don't think I will be introducing any honeysuckle into my home decor. For those who are all about the trends and brought in turquoise last year, and now can't afford to completely change colors this year.....and might add a bit of honeysuckle to the turquoise....at least the look will not be totally reminiscent of the 80's. Turquoise and pink is more from the 50's. That will make a vintage look which is still very trendy this year. See how it all works?

Yeah, me neither,
Normal Girl

3 comments:

emma said...

that color is ALL over the place for holiday fashions.

Normal Girl said...

The good thing is that nearly everyone looks good in that color.

Unknown said...

I still vote "Ewww"