Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Humble Acceptance?


Ugh, skip the beginning part of this, the part I am talking about starts about 25 seconds in....

I saw this clip a couple days ago on TV and it has been on my mind since. I ceased to be a fan of Oprah many years ago, but this puts a new light on her personality.

Since it has been on my mind for three days, I think it is a little message to me from God. And when I saw the clip again this morning, I knew it. I wish gift giving would be extracted from the Christmas experience. I wish we could have the Christmas spirit, make cookies, send cards, decorate the house, sing carols, and look for the things we can do for people who need help instead of giving each other presents we surely do not need.

For the last couple of years, I have tried to find things to do that are servant oriented, for people who could use some encouragement. It gives me a Christmas feeling that far exceeds the giving and receiving of wrapped presents.

And God knows that I need much work on humility and I start thinking how good I am to be doing these tiny bits of service and thinking about imposing my thoughts on everyone else's Christmas plans. OY!

Oprah's interview is my message this week. I really do wish you all a Merry Christmas, even if exhausting yourself and your bank account brings you joy!
Normal Girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing? I've loaded your
blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a
lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting
provider at a honest price? Kudos, I appreciate
it!

my web blog; stop smoking